Counter-Strike Global Offensive is a multiplayer tactical first-person shooter that was released by Valve as a sequel to Counter-Strike Source on August 21st, 2012. CS:GO pits two teams of 5 players to face off against each other. People need to kick bots in csgo to ensure they can play with your friends. CS:GO has two opposing teams being Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists tasked with eliminating each other and completing objectives. CS:GO has 9 main game modes Competitive, Casual, Deathmatch, Arms Race, Demolition, Wingman, Flying Scoutsman, Danger Zone, and Weapons Course. The first team to reach 16 points wins the game, to do this players have to balance their economy, properly use utility, and most importantly have good aim for every round.
Hosting a custom game or a private lobby and having problems with bots auto-joining and ruining the experience?
In this blog, we’re going to look at how you can kick bots in csgo from the game.
Bots are AI-controlled player characters that replace real players and will be automatically added into a game if a player slot must be filled, this can be a problem if you are in a custom game trying to practice or hosting a private lobby. Bots in Counter-Strike have been improved a lot by Valve, they now perform a bit better and have more fluid gameplay. Valve has also stated that they do not want to improve the bots further due to the fact that players can abuse it by kicking players on their team who are playing bad and make the bot play instead.
We all know how annoying bots can be, all bots have a 75% teamwork value which means they only have a 75% chance to listen to radio commands and almost certainly rush into the enemy team and get killed. Bots are very easy to kill but annoying to play against for new players. If you’re tired of them and want to kick them out of your game, this article will help you do just that.
In case you didn’t already notice most bot names in CS:GO is based on names of Valve employees, BOT Gabe is a reference to Gabe Newell the creator of Valve.
To kick bots in csgo from the game, you must first enable the developer console. To do this simply launch the game go to Settings -> Game Settings -> Game -> Enable Developer Console.
Click on the drop-down menu and select Yes.
Now you are ready to kick those pesky bots out of your games. Below are the commands that you must input into the console to kick the bots.
Once the developer console is enabled, the default key for the console is bound to ~. If you prefer a different key you can change it in the Keyboard/Mouse settings.
When you press the key a new menu will appear, at the bottom of the menu you will see a text box this is where you should input the commands we’ve listed.
How to kick bots in csgo?
- Open up the developer console using ~ key under ESC button.
- Enter the command mp_limitteams 1 this will make sure that once the bots are kicked they will not re-join the game.
- Enter the command mp_autoteambalance 0 this will make sure that the bots do not auto-balance from one team to another.
- If you want to kick all the bots from the server you can enter the command bot_kick, this will immediately kick all the bots from the game. If you want to kick a specific bot you can type bot_kick <botname>. You should see Player BOT xxx has left the game (Kicked by console) in the chat.
- Alternatively, if you want to remove bots individually you can do this by entering the command bot_kick_ct to kick all the bots from the Counter-Terrorist side and bot_kick_t to kick all the bots from the Terrorist side.
If you want to add some bots just to kill them, type bot_add t to add Terrorist bots and bot_add ct to add Counter-Terrorist bots.
You can only remove bots if you have a private server or have to the permissions the add and remove bots. If you are hosting a custom game then you should have permissions. This cannot be done on other community servers or matchmaking servers.